A weblog about birding, birdwatching, wild birds, raptors, hawk watch, raptor migrations and bird conservation from a birder, nature photographer and naturalist who resides in Veracuz Mexico.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thursday and Friday (Sept 4 and 5th) I visited the River of Raptors hawk watch in Cardel and Chichicaxtle. I have been keeping a lookout for migrating raptors here in Tlacotalpan and so far nothing, so I decided to head on up to Cardel where I knew that I would see some movement. I was not dissapointed. I arrived around noon in Chichicaxtle and from noon to 5p.m. was privileged to view 12,000 + Mississippi kites passing overhead. The movement was spectacular and extremely high. Since the 20th of August when the hawkwatch count began in Veracruz they have tallied 96,000 + raptors, the majority being Mississippi Kites. On Friday they counted 3,000+ migrating Eastern kingbirds in Cardel. The River of raptors hawkwatch is definitely off to a great start.


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter
ATOM 0.3