A weblog about birding, birdwatching, wild birds, raptors, hawk watch, raptor migrations and bird conservation from a birder, nature photographer and naturalist who resides in Veracuz Mexico.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Tuesday February 17 Tlacotalpan, Veracruz Mexico
I was able to go out birding on the savannah/wetland here in Tlacotalpan. The day was overcast with a slight winds coming from the north. I birded from 12:00p.m. till 4:00p.m.
  • I was able to observe 81 species in the four hours and photograph 31 of those species. I use a technique called digiscoping whis is simply a digital camera hand held to a spotting scope mounted on a tripod. Sony Mavica 250CD+Nikon 80 scope.
  • Here are some of the results; Bare-throated tiger heron one two, hooded warbler one two three, Great kiskadee one two , Northern Jacana, adult juvenile, flying "V" formation of roseate spoonbills, northern caracara, common black hawk juvenile.


  • About me

    Previous posts

    Archives

    Links

    Free Web Site Counters
    Hit Counter
    ATOM 0.3